Saturday, October 1, 2011

Jon Solo is Solo?


Twitter has exposed me to musicians I may have otherwise overlooked.  Artist/Musician, Jon Solo currently plays guitar and keyboards for the “Comeback Kid”, Brett Dennen.  Upon viewing his website, his self-titled album, which was released in August 2010, is available to listen and purchase. My ears perked as his mellow and smooth sound took over my speakers. Okay, it was all over from here I was drawn in. In contacting him I learned he was leaving on tour with Brett Dennen and his new album would be released very soon. Solo then allowed me the pleasure of listening to his unreleased album ‘In My View”. He has worked this past summer on recording the album and worked closely with record producer/mixer, John Alagia who has worked with such artists as John Mayer and Dave Matthews Band.
Solo has a long list of instrumental talents and his range has empowered him to write, compose and produce a sound influenced by many past musicians, however pinning down his own flare.  I have not come across an artist (in my short time) that even comes close to a raw sound like this. Solo will be my artist to watch for in the upcoming months.  He has the experience and backing of working with several top musicians and seems greatly respected in the industry.  Not to mention he comes off as a genuine soul that will only attract and capture a solid fan following in the future.
The first track on”In My View” brings the 70s funk. So much so you could easily mix “Fly Like and Eagle” by the Steve Miller Band over this track.  The electric keyboards haunt almost every song and send me back to a musical time I was not even around to hear.  Songs like “You and Me Make We” and “What’s New” has all the sweetness provided by the lyrics and melodic sounds that continue fill my soul.  This album just might be the soundtrack of my life on the days where the sun is shining and nothing could go wrong.

Thank you, Jon for sharing your individuality and spirit on this album and allowing me the privilege to hear it.  I am excited to purchase my own copy once this is released.  But don’t take my word for it, I urge you to take a listen!  In My View

No comments:

Post a Comment