Friday, May 11, 2012

Submission "Music to Thier Ears" - more details



As a follow up to yesterday's blog entry, I wanted to provide more clarification on suggestions that I need for a segment called "Music to Their Ears". This segment will compare how musicians may feel when hearing the crowd cheer as their songs are played.

In other words, I feel that we, as music lovers provide a certain type of "music" and joy to the musicians as much as they do for us by our reaction to our favorite songs performed live.  “Music to Their Ears”  will isolate the crowd as the cheers swell through the LIVE performance to show that the listener is sending back positivity and love to the artist performing. I know it may sound strange, but I know it is something you will all enjoy as this blog entry is complete.

A couple examples I think may help you are performances from U2 with “Where the Streets have No Name” from the Zoo TV Tour (song drops about :50 seconds in):




And John Mayer’s “Gravity from the Where the Light Is concert (song drops about 1:27 in):





Listen closely on how the crowds react as these big hits are being performed.  This is what I am looking for to be included in this next blog entry.  There are no boundaries to the genre of music you submit, feel free to send anything that makes you feel alive.
All I need are your suggestions - Please send the name of the artist and the LIVE track name of your choosing and I can do the rest to find the recording.  If you have a link to a video, please include that as well so I am sure to hear the correct one!  Here are the ways you can submit:
· Twitter: @sour_notes or use hashtag #musictotheirears
· Facebook: Sour Notes
· Or comment on this blog post
Deadline for submission is June 10, 2012 – and thank you!







No comments:

Post a Comment